This golden turmeric and ginger shot, is our perfect start for those cold winter mornings and a perfect end to those blissful summer evenings.
We make these golden shots on a weekly basis, consuming it first thing in the morning and before bed. In the morning, we drink the shot at least 30 minutes before breakfast, on an empty stomach and on some nights, 2 hours after an evening meal.
If you do not have fresh turmeric to hand, do not worry. You could also use our Finest Authentic Indian Turmeric Powder. Both turmeric and ginger, have powerful anti-inflammatory properties and are rich in various essential nutrients.
On top of the turmeric and ginger we use, lemon and black pepper. The lemon really balances the flavour, whilst the black pepper, a versatile spice, adds an extra layer of anti-inflammatory property and that extra kick start to your day.
- In a mesh tea strainer, add 1 tbsp of freshly grated turmeric ( If you do not have fresh turmeric, add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder at step 4)
- Add 1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger
- Squeeze the juices from both the turmeric and ginger into a cup
- Squeeze 1 tbsp lemon juice into the cup
- Add 1/4 tsp of grounded black pepper
- You could also add agave syrup (optional)
- Give the shot a quick stir and neck it!
You could also add a touch of warm water to the concussion, turning it into a tea. We hope this shot works miracles for you, like it has for us and our family.
Into herbal teas? Why not check out our 4 effective homemade herbal teas