As you might be aware, turmeric belongs to the ginger family. It is an orange spice, which comes from the root of the curcuma longa plant, also known as curcuminoids, halada, haldi, haridra, Indian saffron, nisha and pian jiang. Turmeric is native to India and Indonesia and has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. We use the most finest quality Indian turmeric and black pepper in our capsules. Our black pepper corns, are grounded into powder then combined with our turmeric powder and finally hand pressed into HPMC capsules. We have chosen size 0 which holds around 600mg of the mixture, because we found this size capsules was easily consumed by our customers.
We originally started to make these capsules for my father, who had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few years back. He's a vegetarian and wasn't aware that some capsules are not suitable for vegans or vegetarians. We sourced the finest vegan capsules, the finest Indian turmeric and black pepper, which resulted in us being able to produced our capsules. After 6 months of consuming these capsules, my fathers blood sugar levels dropped and so did his cholesterol levels. He takes these 3 times a day on an empty stomach with water together with exercising regularly.
Everyone in our household, consume these capsules and "touch wood", we have not suffered a cold or flu for a long time. My parents' blood suagr levels and cholesterol are now controlled by this golden spice as well as a balanced, healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
Some useful facts about turmeric
- Curcumin is not easily absorbed into the bloodstream. However, when you combine it with black pepper, it’s absorption is increased by up to 2000%
- Turmeric contains bio-active compounds with powerful beneficial properties, which is backed up by evidence-based health studies
- Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is a very strong antioxidant
- Our Turmeric & Black Pepper capsules are vegetarian vegan, halal and kosher friendly
- They contain no fillers, colours, fillers or preservatives
- Black pepper contains piperine, an active ingredient which been scientifically proven to aid the bio-availability of many therapeutic agents, including Turmeric
Some notable benefits of turmeric
- Promotes Healthy Skin
- Anti-viral and anti-bacterial
- Maintains healthy joints through its anti-inflammatory properties
- May help maintain healthy cardiovascular system
- Could help lower cholesterol
- Possibly help with diabetes and sugar levels