In the last 10 years, Quorn products have started cropping up here and there. The supermarkets are now producing their own range of meat-free alternatives. We find the vegan meatballs range in Farm-Foods and Tescos, two of the best. In this vegan meatball pasta with a spicy lentil and tomato sauce recipe, we have used the vegan meatballs from Farm-Foods.
People have always asked us about oils and which oils to use in cooking. We tend to use coconut oil in cooking, olive oil in salads but I also tend to use rapeseed oil. For deep frying, we use sunflower oil or corn oil.
Cook & prep time: 30 mins
- In a pan, on high heat a little coconut oil
- Add chopped onions and garlic and fry for 2 mins until the onions brown (you could also add some chopped celery)
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the vegetarian meatballs and continue to mix
- Add chopped red chillies and a can of green lentils and mix thoroughly
- Add a tin of chopped tomatoes and 1/2 litre of veg stock and simmer on medium heat until the sauce thickens (about 10 mins)
- I usually add 1 tbsp Worcester sauce, 1 tbsp sriracha sauce and 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup
- Serve with pasta or rice and garnish with basil