Our Soulful Vegan Pesto Chickpea Buddha Bowl
Below is our recipe for a vegan pesto chickpea Buddha bowl. Buddha bowls have become more common over the last few years and part of our everyday diet. They come packed with nutrients, protein, right amount of carbs and ultimately, they’re a healthy food source. Buddha bowls are sometimes referred to as hippie bowls or glory and are super easy to make. They’re usually made of raw or roasted veggies, beans, various different greens, healthy grains such as quinoa, brown rice or couscous. you could also add your own nuts, dressings and seeds to add texture and extra flavour.
Buddha bowls are also a great way to use up anything in your fridge or pantry. We always stock up on chickpeas, lentils, beans and quinoa together with fresh fruit and veg. Chickpeas contain a rich source of vitamins, protein, minerals and fiber. Chickpeas have a variety of health benefits, such as aiding weight management, improving digestion and reducing the risk of several diseases.
When you combine the simplest of healthy ingredients with other healthy ingredients, that small Buddha bowl, turns into a bowl packed full of goodness and not to mention the beautiful colours displayed. Making dressings such as this vibrant, tasty and fresh vegan pesto adds so much colour and flavour to the ingredients. We love experimenting with sauces and dressings and surprisingly, this mint and basil vegan pesto worked a charm!
1. Sun-dried tomato couscous
2. Turmeric chickpeas, spinach, mint and basil vegan pesto
3. Red cabbage
4. Avocado with onion seeds
6. Sweet red peppers
1. In a pan heat a little coconut oil
2. Add the chickpeas and lightly fry for 5 minutes
3. Add a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
4. Turn off the heat and add 1 tsp turmeric
💚 Vegan Pesto
1. In a blender, add 2 tbsp olive oil
2. Add a handful of basil
3. Add 1/4 cup of cashews
4. Add 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
5. Add 1 garlic clove
6. Handful of spinach
7. Squeeze a little lemon juice
8. Now blend the mixture together
9. Add extra oil if needed
10. Add this to the chickpeas and mix well