This is the first time we used giant couscous. By mixing my experience with Caribbean and Asian food, we were able to produce this delicious vegan, giant couscous and tofu curry. We’ve cooked coconut in rice before, so we thought we’d give the same method a try, using coconut and giant couscous. Turned out pretty nice with a tofu curry.
Cook & prep time: 30-40 mins
- Boil large couscous with veg stock and shreds of coconut, then set aside
- In a wok, heat a little coconut oil and add chopped onion, 2 chopped garlic and a thumb size of chopped ginger
- After a few mins, when the onions start to soften, add baby corn and continue to stir-fry for 2 mins and add salt
- Now add bite size tofu pieces and stir thoroughly
- Add 1 tbsp mild curry powder and 1.5 tsp of cumin and mix thoroughly
- After a few mins, add a whole tin of coconut milk and mix for a further 5 mins
- Add boiled peas (I used petite-poi), simmer on medium heat for 5 mins and take off the heat
- Serve with the coconut couscous. Enjoy!