As we have started to use more gluten-free foods, we have noticed a huge difference in bloating. We eat the same quantity of food but without gluten. We would recommend trying these products in your foods. This gluten-free garlic mushroom pasta with a coconut cream sauce hits the spot. We love the combination of mushrooms, parsley, and garlic. Let us know your thoughts on using coconut milk instead of cream cheese sauces.
Violife do great vegan products to cheese alternatives. They sell a Parmesan substitute which we’ve used in many dishes.
Cook & prep time: 15 mins
- In a pan, heat a little coconut oil, on medium heat, toast pine nuts for about 30 seconds
- Add chopped mushrooms and garlic, Himalayan salt and black pepper and mix for 2-3 mins on slightly higher heat
- I added some chopped asparagus (optional)
- Add a tin of coconut milk, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 mins on low heat (If you have Violife Parmesan, then add it at this point)
- Chop and add a good handful of fresh parsley and take off the heat. Add salt and a good amount of ground pepper
- Serve with gluten-free pasta. I’ve tried the sauce with black rice and that works too!