Over the last year or so, we have been cooking up a variety of dishes in the kitchen, By using fresh local produce, dried herbs and spices, we have been able to write up a few recipes for you to try. From mild tofu curries, to this gluten-free filo pastry stuffed with black rice, scramble tofu & spinach. We also like to not use gluten or dairy where ever we can.
We love scrambled tofu, so we started experimenting with tofu and ways to use it in eastern and western cooking. Scrambled tofu with turmeric, garlic, chilly and mushrooms is my favourite.
We had a dish like this in Poland called Borek. Borek is made using spinach and cheese, so when we came back to the UK, we thought we’d try substituting the cheese and replacing it with scrambled tofu.
Cook & prep time: 60 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- In a bowl, add scrambled tofu, black rice, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, salt and pepper
- Wilt spinach and drain excess water and add to the bowl of ingredients and mix thoroughly
- On a grease, proof tray fold out the gluten-free pastry and brush with avocado butter or any other dairy free butter
- Add the ingredients from the bowl to one half of the filo pastry
- Fold the other half of the filo pastry over the ingredients making sure the sides are well sealed
- Finally, brush the top of the filo pastry with more butter and sprinkle sesame seeds
- Bake in the oven for about 40-45 mins or until the pastry browns. I served this with asparagus and broccoli