As our love for turmeric continues, we are using it in mostly every daily meal. Just a small teaspoon can work wonders! As turmeric has high anti-inflammatory properties, we use it together with black pepper. Using black pepper, also boosts the anti-inflammatory properties in your food. When we start cooking in the right way, by using turmeric, black pepper and ginger, we create a super anti-inflammatory concussion. This not only tastes nice, but is super healthy for you.
If you’re wondering why turmeric is good for you and what’s in it that’s so magical, then look no further! There is a potent plant chemical in turmeric, called curcumin. Curcumin has been tested and shown to block certain biological pathways leading to inflammation.
If you are struggling with time and want something delicious, warm and colourful to eat, why not try this recipe? Whip this up in 15 minutes, using fresh, low-fat and low-carb ingredients.
1. Gently squeeze all the water out from the tofu using tissue or a cloth.
2. Cut the tofu in bite size pieces and place in a bowl.
3. Add a pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
4. Add 1 tsp of turmeric.
5. Add 1/2 tsp of chilly powder or fresh chillies.
6. Add freshly chopped ginger and garlic.
7. Add 1 tbsp of maple syrup or agave syrup.
8. Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
9. Add 1 tbsp of sriracha sauce.
10. Add tbsp of sesame oil.
11. Add chopped baby corn and red peppers.
12. Add half a cup of corn flour and mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
13. Stir fry in a wok or pan on medium to high heat for about 8-10 minutes.
🌱 Serve on a bed of steamed green cabbage or similar.
💛 Our finest authentic Indian turmeric can be purchased via our shop